The Cook Islands is a leading international finance center.
Outstanding people stand ready to navigate your complex needs.
Pioneers of the first trust legislation with Asset Protection features.
The Cook Islands
The Secret of the Pacific.
To the FSDA Newsletter and stay up to date with the latest industry news, events and information.
Featured Service Provider
Asia's biggest independent group of trust companies for comprehensive wealth administration.
The first country to create legislation allowing for modern asset protection trusts, the Cook Islands is known for its innovative services and ability to respond quickly to changes in and demands from the global market. With the recent changes in the global banking environment, the Cook Islands finds itself ranked very highly for its regulations and oversight of the financial industry. With a supportive government and proactive industry, the jurisdiction has been able to maintain its sophisticated legal and financial services at competitive prices and, most importantly, with an outstanding level of service.
- Known best for Asset Protection, wealth management is more than about money.
- The foundation for most clients' planning, Trusts dominate in the Cook Islands.
- Universally accepted and widely used, the International Company is a preferred operating structure.
- Limited Liability
- The alternative to US LLCs with more benefits.
- Relationships with the world's top banks and insurers ensure a robust structure for clients.
- An alternative to an International Company.
2011-12 sees the advent of new and improved services to the jurisdiction. This includes: Managed Trustee Companies, Foundations, Qualified Pension Scheme Administration (QROPS/QNUPS), Mutual Funds, and Segregated Companies. Amendments will be made to the International Companies Act, Insurance Act, and International Trusts Act.