The Cook Islands is a leading international finance center.
Outstanding people stand ready to navigate your complex needs.
Pioneers of the first trust legislation with Asset Protection features.
The Cook Islands
The Secret of the Pacific.
To the FSDA Newsletter and stay up to date with the latest industry news, events and information.
Outstanding Service Providers
In order to establish an international entity in the Cook Islands, it is crucial to work with one of our outstanding trustee companies.
The Cook Islands international financial services industry began in 1982 with the passage of the Cook Islands International Companies Act 1981-82 allowing for international companies (often referred to as IBCs). Companies may be formed and operated with flexibility and administrative ease. International companies are exempt from all tax in the Cook Islands.
International Companies are typically formed in less than 24 hours.
Features of Cook Islands International Companies include:
- Only one shareholder required.
- No minimum share capital requirement.
- Shares may be of no par value.
- Shares may be designated in most major currencies.
- Only one director required and no obligation to appoint a resident director.
- A resident secretary must be appointed who is a licensed trustee company but there is no requirement that other secretaries be resident.
- Name may be in any language and script.
- Court proceedings are held in camera.
For more information on the formation requirements and fees for a Cook Islands International Company, please refer to the Service Providers.